PRESIDENT ZUMA: GOVERNMENT COMMITTED TO IMPROVE THE LIVES OF WOMEN
1. President Jacob Zuma says government is aware that there is still more that needs to be done to improve the lives of women.
2. Speaking at the Women’s Day celebration held in Sasolburg in the Free State, President Zuma said the government focus was now on economic empowerment of women.
3. He also used the opportunity to praise all the women who took part in the 1956 march to the Union Buildings to protest against the pass law.
4. “Their sacrifices reminds us that freedom was attained through blood and sweat. We pay tribute to all the South African women who paid for our democracy,” he said.
5. President Zuma said if the country is to succeed, women should participate in the economy.
6. This year’s Women’s Day is celebrated under the theme: “Women united in moving South Africa forward”. Women’s Month is taking place against the backdrop of the 60th anniversary of the Freedom Charter.
For the full article kindly visit: http://sanews.gov.za/south-africa/pres-zuma-govt-committed-improve-lives-women
2,047 total views, 2 views today