BUDGET & TREASURY OFFICE
The function of Expenditure and Financial Accounting resides under the Budget and Treasury Office, which is headed by the SED: Budget and Treasury Office.
DEPARTMENT: BUDGET AND TREASURY OFFICE
FUNCTION: EXPENDITURE & FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING
The function of Expenditure and Financial Accounting resides under the Budget and Treasury Office, which is headed by the SED: Budget and Treasury Office. In terms of the newly approved structure, the function has a staff compliment of 24 employees, inclusive of the function manager. The Expenditure and Financial
Accounting unit is primarily responsible for the following functions:
1. Payment of employees and councillors’ remuneration
2. Payment of municipality’s services providers
3. Management of municipal bank accounts and investments
4. Management of municipal grants, subsidies and donations
5. Management of municipality’s insurance portfolio
6. Management of municipality loans
7. Management of VAT and submission of SARS returns
8. Management of municipal fleet registrations and licences
9. Assist in the preparation of Annual Financial Statements and during audit
The unit is directly accountable to the Director: Budget and Financial Reforms, who reports directly to the SED: Budget and Treasury Office (Chief Financial Officer).