Newcastle Municipality is inviting applications for Study Assistance to students residing within the Newcastle Municipality area wishing to study at any Government recognized institution of higher learning in South Africa.
FIELD OF STUDY: ANY
MINIMUM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12
- Must be a Newcastle Resident
- Matriculated in Newcastle onlyWHO CAN APPLY?
- People within the age group designated as youth per the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Number 108 of 1996
- Applicants registering to study at government recognised institution for any field of study
- Matriculants or academics who meet the set requirements
- Preference will be given to applicants who excel academicallyTHE STUDY ASSISTANCE PROVIDES: Once off Registration fee THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION
- Municipal Study Assistance application form
- Certified copies of ID’s for both the applicant and parent.
- The latest academic results
- Guardian or parent’s proof of income
- A provisional letter of acceptance from your preferred institution
- Proof of residential address
The Municipality reserves the right to confirm the applicants confirmation of acceptance at institution of study. Kindly note the failure to attach the required documentation will automatically disqualify your application.
Municipal Study Assistance forms are obtainable from the following offices: Office No F26 and Office No G28 Newcastle Civic Centre, online at www.newcastle.gov.za and Ward Cllr’s. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered. Applications should be forwarded to: Private Bag X6621, Newcastle 2940 or alternatively hand delivered at office No: F26 and Office
Enquiries: Sphamandla Hlathswayo (Community Liaison officer- Office of the Mayor) 034 328 7776/
082 222 4562 or Mandla Kubheka (Youth Development Coordinator – Office of the Mayor) 076 818 7979