2023 MAYORAL BURSARY REGISTRATION FUND
The Newcastle Municipality is offering financial assistance to students who would like to enroll for full-time undergraduate studies, in any field of study for the 2023 academic year.
FIELD OF STUDY
Any field, especially scarce skills
MINIMUM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
- Students permanently residing within the Newcastle Municipality area
- Strictly first year students
- Students must have passed Grade 12
- Must have been formally accepted in an accredited institution of higher education
- Must be between the age group of 14 and 35 as defined by the Youth Commission Act no.19 of 1996
APPLICATION FORMS MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY :
- Grade 12 certificate /statement of results
- Certified copies of South African Identity Document of parent(s) or guardian and that of the applicant
- Proof of residence from their Ward Councillor
- Parent(s) or guardian proof of income
- Letter of acceptance from an accredited institution of higher education
- Comprehensive motivational letter (as indicated in Section 4 of the form)
- Quotation of fees from your institution of choice
Who will not be considered?
- Students that have applied for funding from NSFAS
- Students that have outstanding tertiary fees
The municipality is rightfully allowed to investigate the authenticity of any provisional acceptance letter from any accredited institution provided by the applicant. Failure to attach the required documents will result in an automatic disqualification.
27 JANUARY 2023
Forms are obtainable from:
- Newcastle Municipality Building, Reception/Security Desk, Town Hall entrance
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only hand delivered applications will be accepted at the above mentioned address.
Please note that e-mailed or faxed applications WILL NOT be accepted.
All enquiries must be made to: Zamokuhle Nyawo (Senior Community Liaison Officer) at 034 328 7762 or Mzobusayo Gabela (Community Liaison Officer) at 034 328 7777, during office hours from 07:30 – 16:00 (Monday – Friday)