Newcastle Municipality is inviting applications for bursaries to students residing within the Newcastle Municipality area wishing to study at any Government recognized institution of higher learning in South Africa. The purpose of his funds is to provide financial assistance to the historically disadvantaged needy students to further their education.
FIELD OF STUDY : ANY
MINIMUM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12
• Must be a Newcastle Resident
• Matriculated in Newcastle only
WHO CAN APPLY?
• People withing the age group designated as youth as per the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa Number 108 of 1996
• Applicant registering to study at government recognised institution for any field of study
• Matriculants or academics who met the set requirements
• Preference will be given to applicants who excel accademically
• Previously disadvantaged individuals
The Bursay Provides : Once off Registration Assistance
THE FOLLOWING MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION
• Comprehensive CV
• Municipal bursary application form
• Certified copies of ID’s for both the applicant and parent as well as the latest results
• Guardian or parent’s proof of income
• A provisional letter of acceptance from your preferred institution
• Proof of residential address
The municipality reserves the right to confirm applicant confirmation of acceptance at institution of study. Kindly note the failure to attach the required documentaion will automatically disqualify your application.
Municipal bursary forms are obtainable from the following office:
Office No. F32 Newcastle Civic Centre as well as online at www.newcastle.gov.za. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications should be forwarded to : Private Bag X6621, newcastle 2940 or alternatively hand delivered at Office F32, Newcastle Municipality.
Enquiry : Sibonelo Mitshali (Community Liason Officer – Office of The Mayor)
034 328 7777 or Suleman Vadwa (Administrative Officer – Office of the Mayor)