NOTICE : New operating hours

Please note the new operating hours:

Rates hall (cashiers, enquiries) : 8am – 2pm

Kindly also be advised that the following offices will be opened from 29 June 2020:

Osizweni office : 8am – 2pm
Madadeni Checkers office : 8am – 2pm
Madadeni Section 1 office : 8am – 2pm

NOTICE

Kindly note that the municipal building (Rates Hall) and all outside offices will be closed from 27 March 2020 due to the lockdown. We will re-open on 17 April 2020.

Consumers are encouraged to pay their municipal bills by utilising any one of these facilities:

• NEDBANK BRANCHES
• NEDBANK ATMS
• INTERNET BANKING – PLEASE SELECT NEWCASTLE LOCAL MUNICIPALITY FROM THE BANK APPROVED BENEFICIARY LIST. THE REFFERENCE NUMBER IS YOUR MUNICIPAL ACCOUNT NUMBER AS REFLECTED ON YOUR STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT (12 DIGITS)
• EASYPAY (PICK N PAY, SHOPRITE, CHECKERS, WOOLWORTHS) Please use the Easy Pay reference number as reflected on your statement of account

What’s Happening

Below is a list of all the latest news and notices on what’s happening in and around Newcastle KZN.

Latest News

Comments Box SVG iconsUsed for the like, share, comment, and reaction icons

Sunday August 9th, 2020 - 10:49 am

... See MoreSee Less

Thursday August 6th, 2020 - 4:52 pm

... See MoreSee Less

Thursday August 6th, 2020 - 4:52 pm

... See MoreSee Less

Monday August 3rd, 2020 - 9:18 am

... See MoreSee Less

Saturday August 1st, 2020 - 9:00 pm

Remember the Hadebe Family? ... See MoreSee Less

Remember the Hadebe Family?Image attachment

Friday July 31st, 2020 - 7:52 pm

MEDIA STATEMENT

NEWCASTLE MUNICIPALITY MAYOR CLLR. DR NTUTHUKO MAHLABA FULFILS HIS JUNE 16 PROMISE, AND TOGETHER WITH THE NEWCASTLE CHINESE CHAMBER OF COMMERCE DONATE THOUSANDS OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO THE MADADENI HOSPITAL.

31 JULY 2020

Newcastle: Today I’m pleased to announce that I’ve finally fulfilled my June 16 promise to the Hadebe family. Today we also empowered the girl child and restored the dignity of the girl child in our community.

Last month during our food distribution campaign we came across the Hadebe family at D 96 District Road. I was moved and taken aback by the unbearable and appalling conditions confronting this family, who share a two bedroom house among eighteen family members, mostly consisting of very young children. The majority of this household is young girls and young women. Despite our efforts of purchasing and giving food parcels to them, we couldn’t sit back and watch them languish.

On June 16, during the commemoration of the selflessness and militancy of the youth of 1976, I saw it befitting to return to this family, spend the day and share lunch with them. I also saw the immediate need to purchase warm winter clothes for the kids. I also committed to use my personal funds to build a home for the Hadebe family and beguiled close friends to lend a hand where they could. During the season of colds and flu, the children were given full access to my medical practice for routine check-ups.

Today we officially handed over a six bedroom house to the Hadebe family, which includes a rondavel. Our efforts to assist the family are also in line with the celebration of Women's Month in August, as we celebrate the strength and resilience of our women in society. I sincerely hope that this house will provide solace and fortitude for the Hadebe family. I also hope that it will be a fortress for them in times of distress. We’ve demolished any remnants of their old house, as they embrace a new lifestyle. I’ve encouraged the girls to apply for the municipal post matric scholarship, so that they can further their education. We’ve also provided much needed food relief to the family which will last them for four months.

I reiterate that the culture and tradition of our wonderful community of Newcastle is to assist the struggling neighbour until they can help themselves. We’ve lived with this mantra and ethos for many years. The spirit of Ubuntu which was bestowed upon us by the late President Nelson Mandela continues to flourish. The impeccable work done by NGOs and businesses in this community, during the Covid-19 lockdown period is incredible, and for that I applaud you all.

Today, the Newcastle Municipality together with the Newcastle Chinese Chamber of Commerce also donated thousands of Personal Protective Equipment to the Madadeni Hospital, in a bid to assist doctors and nurses as they tackle Coronavirus. Recent statistics announced by the premier of KwaZulu-Natal have indicated that the Newcastle Local Municipality is fast becoming a Covid-19 hotspot. Recent Covid-19 figures in Newcastle are worrisome and concerning.

I’ve also recently come out of self-isolation, after being diagnosed with Covid-19. I remain hopeful and optimistic that the donation of PPEs will rapidly reduce new infections and assist our frontline staffers.

Issued by Newcastle Municipality Mayor Cllr. Dr Ntuthuko Mahlaba.

For enquiries please contact:
Newcastle Municipality Chief Communications Officer.
Mlungisi Khumalo
074 545 9794

-ENDS-
... See MoreSee Less

Friday July 31st, 2020 - 6:46 pm

MEDIA STATEMENT

31 JULY 2020

Issued by Newcastle Municipality Mayor Cllr. Dr Ntuthuko Mahlaba.

For enquiries please contact:
Newcastle Municipality Chief Communications Officer.
Mlungisi Khumalo
074 545 9794

-ENDS-
... See MoreSee Less

Load more news.

Techno Hub

KZN Techno Hubs : Driving Science, Technology & Innovation.

Customer Care

We value our customers, therefore always achieving satisfaction.

Report Fraud

We have adopted a proactive stance in the prevention of corruption.

Events

Get all the latest events that’s happening in and around Newcastle.

Business Listing

List your business on our Business Listing section and get known.

Stay Informed

Subscribe to our newsletter today and stay up to date with all the latest news in and around Newcastle KZN.
Fill in your email address below and click on the Subscribe button.