Notice is hereby given all Newcastle West residents who would be interested in applying for prepaid electricity meters which will commence on 1 July 2015.
1. Municipal account needs to be up to date with no arrears.
2. A copy of the application form and its accompanying documents can be obtainable from the Newcastle Municipality, Civic Centre, New Services and Enquiries section or downloaded here.
3. Upon submission of the form an applicant will receive a reference number.
4. Each form completed and submitted will be reviewed for approval.
5. Applicants will be notified when their application is approved upon which payment of R1300 for installation needs to be made within 30 days.
6. Should Municipal account be in arrears for other services such as water, sewer, refuse and rates, after conversion to the prepaid option, the prepaid electricity meter will be disconnected and the meter will be blocked on the vending system to prevent you from purchasing electricity tokens.
7. You can purchase your electricity tokens from retail outlets such as Pick n Pay, Checkers/Shoprite, PEP, Spar, Keyway Motors, cellphones and online banking.
8. The Municipality bills customers a month in arrears. After conversion to a prepaid electricity meter you will still receive a Municipal bill reflecting electricity consumption from date of last statement until date of conversion.
9. For account queries, please contact 034 328 7600 or email@example.com. For electricity queries, please contact 034 312 1296 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
5,948 total views, 2 views today