Mayor’s Bursary Scheme
Newcastle Municipality is inviting applications for bursaries to students residing within the Newcastle Municipality area wishing to study at any Government recognized institution of higher learning in South Africa.
Newcastle Municipality is inviting applications for bursaries to students residing within the Newcastle Municipality area wishing to study at any Government recognized institution of higher learning in South Africa. The purpose of his funds is to provide financial assistance to the historically disadvantaged needy students to further their education.
FIELD OF STUDY : ANY FIELD especially SCARCE SKILLS
MINIMUM SELECTION REQUIREMENTS
• Grade 12 with University Admission Pass
• Must be a Newcastle Resident
WHO CAN APPLY?
• People within the age group designated as youth as per the constitution of the republic of South Africa number 108 of 1996
• Applicant registering to study at government recognised institution for any field of study
• Matriculants or academics who met the set requirements
• Preference will be given to applicants who excel academically
• Individuals from the disadvantaged financial background
• Persons who intends studying for a Junior Degree
Bursary Provision : to be determined by the selection processes subject to need and affordability of an applicant.
THE FF. MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR APPLICATION
• Comprehensive motivation letter
• Municipal bursary application form
• Certified copies of ID’s for both the applicant and parent as well as the latest results
• Guardian or parent’s proof of income
• A provisional letter of acceptance from your preferred institution
• Proof of residential address
The municipality reserves the right to confirm applicant confirmation of acceptance at institution of study. Kindly note the failure to attach the required documentation will automatically disqualify your application.
Municipal bursary forms are obtainable from the following office:
Office No. F26 Newcastle Civic Centre as well as online at www.newcastle.gov.za. Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
Applications should be forwarded to :
Hand delivered to No. F 26
Enquiry : Sibonelo Mitshali (Community Liason Officer – Office of The Mayor) 034 328 7777 or Sphiwe Mazibuko (Communications Officer) 034 328 7767
Below is a list of our latest news posts.
Share this page with friends and family on your social network.
KZN Techno Hubs : Driving Science, Technology & Innovation.
We value our customers, therefore always achieving satisfaction.
We have adopted a proactive stance in the prevention of corruption.
Get all the latest events that’s happening in and around Newcastle.
List your business on our Business Listing section and get known.
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Google reCaptcha Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: