• This year’s marks the 20th anniversary of the South African Constitution.
• The Constitution is the supreme law of the land. No other law or government action can supersede
the provisions of the Constitution.
• South Africa’s Constitution is one of the most progressive in the world and enjoys high acclaim
• Our Constitution sets out how all the elements of government are organised and contains rules about what power is wielded, who wields it and over whom it is wielded in the governing of a country.
• The Department of Justice and Constitutional Development (DOJ&CD) will lead South Africans in celebrating the 20th anniversary of the Constitution.
Click the link below to download the full document.