The Newcastle Municipality (NM), pursuant to the provisions of the Municipal Finance Management Act no.: 56 of 2003 read together with the Supply Chain Management Regulations (2005) as well as Preferential Procurement Regulations, 2011 pertaining to the Preferential Procurement Policy Framework Act no.: 05 of 2000, hereby invites suppliers/service providers to register on the Council`s supplier database for 2017/18 financial year.
The supplier database aims at giving all potential suppliers an equal opportunity to do business with NM. Although preference will always be given to registered suppliers, it does not necessary follow that those who are not yet registered will be excluded from doing business with NM.
Service providers currently registered on Council`s Database must re – register or submit updated valid documents for re – registration should their documents be expired.
Companies must ensure that all the mandatory documents are attached to their registration forms. Failure to adhere to the above requirements and incomplete application forms will lead to your application being rejected.
Supplier database registration forms may be physically accessed through the below mentioned address at a non-refundable document fee of R 20.00 during office hours between 8h00 to 15h00 or electronically be downloaded from Council`s website: www.newcastle.gov.za, with effect from 06 April 2017.
All suitable and interested prospective suppliers are encourage to register onto National Treasury`s Central Supplier Database (CSD) by logging onto to the website address of https://secure.csd.gov.za or by logging onto National Treasury website address of www.treasury.gov.za then click on CSD database icon.
Enquiries pertaining to completion, submission and registration of supplier database forms may be directed to the following officials during office hours:
Ms S. Mbatha 034 328 7819
Mr S. Mabizela 034 328 7811
Mr S. Zwane 034 328 7625
1. The Database forms must be completed in full and signed by duly authorized representative.
2. Only ORIGINAL registration forms will be accepted. Completed Supplier Registration documents, endorsed on the envelope: “Vendor Registration Forms” for attention of the above mentioned officials be forwarded as below indicated:
Physical Address: Postal Address:
Newcastle Municipality Newcastle Municipality
Municipal Civic Centre (Tower – Block) Private Bag X6621
Supply Chain Management Unit Newcastle
2nd Floor, Office number – 217 2940
37 Murchison Street
3. Please note that no unsigned or faxed forms will be accepted. Certified copies of the tax clearance certificate are NOT ACCEPTABLE and invoices will not be processed until the original the original valid tax clearance certificate is submitted.
4. Copies of the tax clearance certificate are ACCEPTABLE as the new Tax Compliance Status (TCS) system has been implemented by SARS where any 3rd party can verify the compliance status through the use of an electronic access PIN, or through the use of a Tax Clearance Certificate obtained from the new TCS system.
5. Businesses intentionally providing incorrect or fraudulent information will be disqualified.
6. Applicants who have been declared insolvent and wish to do business with the Council must have been rehabilitated and provide necessary proof thereof.
7. Blacklisted enterprises appearing on the National Treasury database and that are prohibited from conducting business with the state, shall not be considered.
8. Members / Directors / Partners / Owners / in service of the state, must declare any conflict of interest. Failure to do so may lead to disqualification or de-registration.
9. Responding to this invitation does not mean an automatic registration with Newcastle Municipality.
10. The Council reserve the right to reject any application, which in its opinion failed to comply with the registration requirements or criteria and registration does not guarantee any business opportunities.
Mr. B.E Mswane
Municipal Civic Centre
37 Murchison Street
Private Bag X6621
12,708 total views, 91 views today