NAME: Lindile Zincume
• Professional Engineer (Pr. Eng.)
• Professional Construction Project Manager (Pr. CPM)
• Started as a student engineer working for Telkom South Africa in Pietermaritzburg, Rosebank, Hillbrow and Braamfontein depots.
• After graduation, he joined Hulamin (Hulett Aluminium) as an Engineer in Training
• He later joint Tongaat Hulett Start as an Electrical and Instrumentation Projects Engineer responsible for the Germiston, Meyerton and Kliprivier Plants.
• For the next ten years Lindile did a variety of private contracting assignments for both public and private companies including assessment of electrification project for the Northern Cape and Free State province on behalf of the Department of Energy. The provision of water and sewer reticulation in Mohlakeng ext 3 on behalf of the Gauteng Department of Housing. The provision of bulk electricity supply for Merafong City, to name a few.
• In the same period Lindile also had the opportunity to manage mechanical workshops based in Potchefstroom, Rusternburg and Lydenburg. The services rendered were for the manufacture and repairs of load haul dumpers used in trackless mining in the gold and platinum sector.
• Member: Risk and Quality Committee (Consulting Engineers South Africa)
• Member: Electricity/Energy Task Team (Consulting Engineers South Africa/Business Unity South Africa)
• Glenrand-MIB Young Company of the Year 2008 (South African Association of Consulting Engineers)
ACHIEVEMENTS SINCE JOINING THE DEPARTMENT
• The major achievement since joining the department has been securing funding for Demand Side Management projects from the department of Energy which will see the roll-out of LED street-lighting in the next three years.
• Another achievement is the implementation of the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and introducing the use of radio communications to complement the existing fibre optic.
• The rollout of Maximo Enterprise Asset Management, IBM Maximo Asset Management Essentials provides a single, unified platform that supports a wide range of asset, work, inventory, contract, procurement and service management functions.
• It is also exciting to see the continuation of electrification projects in order for the municipality to achieve universal access.
5,315 total views, 8 views today