Newcastle Municipality Communication & Public Relations Unit:
• Communications Section is located at the Municipal main Building. The Unit is responsible for internal and External Communications, Media and Stake Holder Liaison, marketing and branding. One of the major duties of a communications Unit includes coordinating press releases, editorials, Municipal website content and graphics, and promotion of the Municipality’s image. (Briefly-Within an organization the communications department is responsible for enhancing the visibility and reputation of the organization across the media, public and key stakeholders.)
Current Unit Structure:
1. Manager: Miss Zandile Masondo
Tell : 034 328 7852
Cell : 083 345 4264
• Develop and manage the communication strategy for the Municipality.
• Develop and implement communication plan.
• Develop and circulate a Municipal newsletter.
• Liaise with the media and deal with media reports.
• Respond to press comments.
• Establish communication channels.
• Compile and distribute information brochures, leaflets and advertisements.
• Establish and manage a comprehensive customer care desk and provide information to the public.
• Purchase and control corporate gifts
• Compile and control capital and operational budget of the unit.
Communications Officer: Nondumiso Mhlungu
– The communication officer plays a major role in how employees and the community view the organization. Responsible for Writing, Editing and publishing Municipal information both external and internal (Editing and Content Development of the Media Articles and Reports).
Communications Assistant (Intern): Nomfundo Khawula
– Reports to the Communications Manager and provides both communications and administrative support also responsible for monitoring of Media Communications.
Journalist: Thuli Maphanga
– Take pictures of our events edit them and distribute to the relevant media House, Liaise with the Media through the Communications Manager. (Photography and Video capturing/Editing)
7,950 total views, 2 views today